Wednesday 25 February 2009

Wednesday 25th - Workshop

In Today’s lesson Gerald, Louise and I attended workshop that I managed to fit around my awkward timetable and attend. During this work shop I gave the dialogue I wrote up to Mickey and gave him a briefing on what type of effect we were trying to have and how and what we exactly wanted him to say. Mickey made my job easier by giving me some constructive criticism and re-wording my script, so that it sounded more professional. This helped Mickey to sound more confident in this character because the words were more elaborated and structured differently, compared to a DJ that you may hear on Choice FM.

Once I returned to my lesson and rejoined Gerald and Louise they had successfully put all the clips together, including match cuts and followed the 180° rule. I was really proud of what they had accomplished in the time I was in my lesson and was excited to just crack down with putting on the right back ground effects and music etc. So once we embed the video again, into soundtrack pro we were assisted in adjusting the different noises you hear in the clips, with one of the technicians. I know myself and Gerald was having problems with adjusting the volume and getting the natural noises to run smoothly into the radio sounds. But after a long practical days work, I agreed to leave about an hour early to go home.

I believe that in tomorrow’s lesson due to length of it we will get a lot done and will be successfully completed for Friday.

No comments: